The Japanese Association for Petroleum Technology was founded on May 25,1933.
The primary mission of the association is to collect the latest technical and academic information pertaining to the exploration and development of hydrocarbon resources and disseminate them to oil industry. JAPT also provides forum for exchange of technical information among its members, thereby promoting the multi-disciplinary activities between geologists, geophysicist and engineers.
- Publish six issues of Journal of JAPT per annum
- Organize conferences and seminars pertaining to hydrocarbon extraction technology
- Conduct research, survey, and provide consultation
- Publish special issues of specific topics; handbooks and monographs
- Award prizes for academic and technical achievements
- Exchange information, technical/academic collaboration with related Associations/Societies overseas
|President:||Yasushi HAMADA (Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd.)|
|Vice-President:||Takao IWATA(Inpex Corporation)|
|Vice-President:||TAKESHI OGATSU(Kanto Natural Gas Development Co., Ltd)|
|Journal Editorial Committee:||Tomochika TOKUNAGA（Tokyo University)|
|Exploration Technology Committee:||Masahiko YAGI (Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd.)|
|Drilling Technology Committee:||Koji MATSUI (Inpex Corporation)|
|Production Technology Committee:||Yoshihide KIRA (JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation)|
|International Relations Committee:||Toshikazu EBATO (Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation)|
|Resources Economy Committee:||Koichi IWAMA (Wako University)|
|Home-Page Committee:||Norio YOSHIDA (Japan Petroleum Exploration Co., Ltd.)|
- Spring Meeting (Annual General Meeting, Technical Conference and Symposium on exploration, drilling and development/ production)
- Fall Meeting (Special presentations and lectures by members and external lecturers )
- Joint Seminars with other technical associations
- Journal of JAPT (6 issues, bi-monthly)
- Special Issues; Glossaries, Handbooks and Monographs
- Reports by Technical Committees
- Technical papers and commentaries in exploration and development/ production.
- Guide to new technologies and summary of the JAPT presentations/ symposiums.
- Information of other related societies and conferences/meetings.
- Distinguished Paper Awards
- Distinguished Contribution Awards
|Production:||new workshops to be organized|
|Address||Keidanren-Kaikan Building, 3-2, Otemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-0004 Japan|